Write Down Your Goals To Achieve Them

>> Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yesterday I finished one of my goals in 50 Things I Want To Do or Achieve Before I Die. It was really good to complete one of my stated goals. Now that I am able to write Done in front of the goal I can now move on to next goal with more confidence than ever that I can achieve them also.

Benefits of Writing Down your Goals
It proved to me what I have read for a long time. If you want to achieve something, then write it down. Writing down your goals in a way compels and more than that encourages you to at least have a go at them and once you do that you are in a better position to achieve them.

Writing down your goals also good because writing means more of a commitment and less of a wish. Only you have the power to achieve your goals and the satisfaction which you will get from achieving can not described in words.

Writing down your goals and making the list public will also put some positive pressure on you to accomplish the goals. That is why I have published the list on my blog. If you do not want to publish it on blog then you can share it with your friends and family and also tell them to remind you after that.

Another benefit of writing down your goals is you will only write the goals which are quite meaningful to You. Lot of time we try to accomplish goals which are set by others for us. That is not good. Once you write down your goals, you take charge of your life. You will then be able to decide the destiny and journey of your life and not others.

Action Item
Take a pen and a paper and write down following three list.
a. Your Goal for next three months. include various things which you would love to do in life and not just health and money, for example learning something new skill or visiting some place. (For example my personal aim is to learn Skating.)
b. Similar list for next six month.
c. Similar list for next one year (2010).

Now paste the list on your wall where you do most of your work. I think after six month you will have a lot to shout about. Go and get a pen NOW.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP